Q: i have a H27XL controlling 2 heating zones. can i remove one of the hard wired thermostats and wire in a remote stat as we want to utilise wall space were stat is located. is there a compatiblie wireless stat
A: Yes, you will need to install the receiver next to the H27XL.
Q: My system is controlled with a Horstmann C27 two channel programmer, cica 2005.
I want to fit the new H27XL Ser 2 which includes the holiday timer, I read the backplate needs to be replaced.
Will the new H27 backplate connections be the same as the current wiring in the C27 backplate, so that it is an easy change over, IE same colours to same connections, or is it a complete rewire??
A: It will use the same wires, but you will need to create 2 links in the backplate.
Q: Will this timer replace the Honywell ST 1000 without having to replace the back plate and wiring?
A: Yes it will.
My sister has an old boiler at present it is controlled by a horseman type Q Mk 111 electro mechanical timer...this antique has finally given up the ghost after many many years of great service. That timer controlled the CH and domestic HW......I am pretty sure the HW is a gravity fed system to the hot water tank in the bathroom airing cupboard directly above the boiler (located in the kitchen). The Q has. 5 position dial offering all the permutations to control either or, both and off etc. What would be the best horseman 24 hour seven day timer to replace this defunct unit. .....preferably one that does not need extensive rewiring.
A: Wow that is an old one! Yes, this will do the job.
Q: I have a NLH 27 Channelplus XL. Can I use the H27 XL series 2 with the same back plate?
A: Yes you can. It will plug on with no wiring changes for an easy swap.
* Complete with new backplate
* Channel names can bet set to Heating/HW or Zone1/Zone2
* 2 Channel 7 Day Programmer
* 5 Year manufacturers warranty
* Large easy to follow LCD display
* Backlit display (on button press)
* Pre-Set clock
* Automatic Winter/Summer time changes
* Gravity or Fully Pumped system setting
* Up to 3 on/offs per channel in each 24-hour operation
* One touch programme copying from day to day
* Programmable Holiday setting can be set in advance of departure for any period of time.
* 1 or 2 hour boost and advance on each channel
* Mains powered with battery backup
* Voltage free
* Dimensions: 101x163x33mm HxWxD
* Same backplate as Horstmann 425 and 5 series programmers