Honeywell T3R Wireless Programmable Thermostat
The T3 Series of programmable thermostats provide sophisticated automatic control of domestic heating systems. They have been developed to provide intuitive heating time and temperature control with a wealth of features that will make the T3 the first choice in a wide variety of installations, including social housing, new construction and mass installation situations.
The thermostats in the T3 range are compatible with a wide range of boilers and systems including 24–230V on/off such as gas & oil boilers, combi-boilers and heat pumps. OpenTherm control is available. T3 thermostats cannot control electric heating.
For specifiers, installers and users, the T3 series offers additional functionality that ensures that users of the controls can be restricted from using the controls incorrectly
The thermostat can be locked to prevent unnecessary interactions and upper and lower set point limits ensure that extremes of temperatures cannot be set.
The T3 has been designed with an intuitive user interface, making it easy to programme and use. In use and target setpoints are easily visible, and interaction with the thermostat is via a small number of soft touch buttons.
Other features of benefit to property owners are Automatic Summer & Winter time change, battery low indicators, service timers, fail safe mode and one model covering 5/2 and 7day programming with 4 time periods a day.
The T3 provides a whole host of energy efficiency measures. A full suite of Optimisation features (Optimum start, Stop and Delayed Start) plus adaptive ‘fuzzy logic’ protocols provide full control of the boiler.
Installers benefit from an installation process that pairs an easy to install receiver box with a thermostat that is easy to set up and hand over to the end user. This shortens installation time.
The receiver box has fully labelled terminals & an earth park. It can easily be wired from behind or below (with strain relief provided). The front casing has a control button with LED lights that provide fault feedback and can be used to fire the boiler for easy testing
The installation sequence is intuitive and provides the installer with pre-programmed schedules; cycle rate option for different boiler types, there is a robust RF wireless signal with a RF signal check built into the T3 wireless version. All models have a maintenance alert.
For users, the T3 is the ideal choice for homes that require high levels of automatic control that provide significant energy efficiency for a wide range of boilers and systems.
Users can temporarily override the temperature set point and the current date and time are displayed on the screen
The T3 has been designed from top to bottom to satisfy the needs of installers; specifiers; property owners and end users.
Key Features and Benefits
- A large screen with easily recognised icons and 5 control buttons
- Battery powered with date/time and clock start up screen
- 7 day, & 5/2 day scheduling with a pre-configured schedule included
- Choice of up to 4 time periods a day with copy day feature
- 12 hour or 24 hour clock settings
- Restore schedule and Factory reset facility
- Set point and room temperature displayed
- In use confirmation
- Service Timer
- Screen Back light
- Temperature measurement can be offset to suit the position of the thermostat if required
- Minimum On Time & Cycle Rate settings ensuring compatibility with many boilers
- Minimum/maximum set point facility
- Alert messages to assist fault-finding with fail safe mode
- Wireless technology makes upgrading easier and the installation time shorter with less wiring involved.
- The Thermostat includes a table stand for ease of positioning
- RF fault indication with signal strength test
- arth ‘park’ clearly labelled terminals
- Easy-to-install boiler or zone valve interface
- Receiver Offers clear LED indications
- Override the thermostat and fire the boiler for a systems check with a one-button push
- Direct wall mounting or wall-box mounting to match the position of an existing Honeywell device
- Single relay contact for 24–230V on/off appliances